Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What I learned from other's use of technology

After going through a couple other slideshare presentations that illustrated how others integrated technology with their lessons, is that it can be done in a way that is simple, yet very effective. For example, there was one lesson that I liked in particular that went over the sight and spelling words' phonics sounds for that week by putting them up on a screen that all of the children could see. They were able to come right up to the screen and point out what they thought would be the answer(s), and thus it became a technological, interactive activity. When I put my lesson together, I wasn't sure that first-graders could go on Google Earth themselves and search for locations, but I think that I could have enabled them to do that by prepping a computer for each of them in the computer lab...on each computer, the virtual tour of the continents would already be set up for them to follow. By looking at others' lessons, I saw that even if it's by the click of a mouse, little children can participate in technology-oriented lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment