Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Classroom Technology Inventory

In the last three days that I've been with the first-grade class that I was assigned to, there isn't a whole lot of technology that I've seen thus far. What I have seen is that every classroom (that I've been in so far anyway) has a projector that projects the entire image that falls under it's lense, and not just the shadow like the standard/older projectors do. Personally, I think it's amazing, and a great way to present object lessons to the class so that they don't have to come and gather around a table or something of the like.
The other bit of technology that I've seen in my assigned school are the Mac computers in the school computer lab. I was happy to see the multiple learning programs and games that have been installed/downloaded onto these computers for the students' learning enrichment. They have a lot of fun, and at the same time are learning critical thinking skills.
So when I did the technology inventory, I really couldn't say much. The above are about the only technologies that I've seen so far. The teachers don't seem to use it a lot, which I'm hoping will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment